WHY CLEANSING YOUR FACE IS IMPORTANT
Let’s take a look at why facial cleansing is so important.
REMOVING BUILD UP
Daily facial washing removes impurities to give the skin a fresh look. Without washing, your skin would be covered with a thick layer of dirt and grime which make it difficult for other products to penetrate the skin properly.
Regular facial cleansing (along with the use of a good moisturizer) is also an important factor in helping the skin maintain a proper level of hydration. Dehydrated skin looks and feels rough, wrinkled and aged. Cleansing helps manage PH levels of the skin; enabling sufficient water and product retention.
MAINTAINING CLEAR SKIN
Excessive dirt build up on the surface can cause blockages of the follicle, trapping sebum, sweat, and dead skin cells. The lack of sebum on the skins surface allows bacteria to penetrate the follicle causing inflammation. The final result is acne.
Proper skin cleansing clears pores of debris to prevent dirt build up, allowing the sebum oil to reach the skin surface unimpeded; decreasing the chances of a breakout.
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU STOPPED CLEANSING?
Clogged pores result in the development of serious acne. The skin could also experience a combination of severe redness, dryness and irritation from insufficient hydration, oily, greasy and significantly aged.
SOME OTHER BENEFITS OF CLEANSING
- Regular cleansing is essential to keeping your skin looking radiant and healthy.
- Cleansing helps anti-aging products and treatments work properly.
- Cleansing helps maintain proper pore size.
- Cleansing encourages proper skin hydration and prevents the production of excess oils.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT FACIAL CLEANSERS
With literally hundreds of cleansing products to choose from here are some simple tips for selecting a great skin cleanser:
- Know your skin type and choose a cleanser that’s a good match. If you have dry skin you’ll want to avoid cleansers with high alcohol content. People with oily skin need a cleanser with a lower PH level. For sensitive skin you’ll want a basic cleanser free from heavy fragrance and additives.
- The delivery type of the cleanser matters. Cream based cleansers are great for dry skin while gel or foamy cleansers are better for oily skin types.
- If you wear a lot of makeup you’ll want a cleanser targeted toward removal.
- If you tend to sweat a lot from working out look for a product targeting clogged pores.
- If you have concerns with allergies look for “natural” cleansers free of synthetic ingredients.
- Most cleansers marketed as “gentle” are great at removing dirt without over drying and irritating the skin.
- Selecting a cleanser with a balanced PH will help maintain your skins natural balance.
- Make sure to take your time comparing products and looking at reviews. We offer a variety of skin cleansers.
- Moral of the story: practice proper skin cleansing!